Long Distance Junkies...these are their stories

Jennifer Bergman: Fast and Beautiful

No comments

            University of Arizona graduate Jen Bergman is undeniably good looking but don't let her beauty fool you, she can run too. She had great senior year, earning first-team All-American honors during cross country season, second-team All-American honors (5k) during indoor track season and first-team All-American accolades (10k) during outdoor season. Bergman also won the 2013 Pac-12 Championship in the 10,000 meters. She set personal records in the 3k (9:23.19),  5k (15:52.41, No. 2 time in UA history) and finished 8th in the 10,000 meters at USA Outdoor Track and Field Championship. 

Awards and Accomplishments in college

2011 NCAA Outdoor All-American (10K)
2011 MPSF Championships Runner-Up (5K)
2011 All-Pac-10 (5K, 10K)
2012 All-Pac-12 Cross Country
2012 NCAA Cross Country All-American
2012 Pac-12 Cross Country All-Academic Honorable Mention
2012 MPSF All-Academic
2012 MPSF Championships Runner-Up (5K)
2012 Pac-12 All-Academic Honorable Mention
2012 Pac-12 Championships Runner-Up (10K)
2012 All-Pac-12 (5K, 10K)
2012 NCAA Outdoor Second-team All-American (10K)
2013 NCAA Cross Country All-American
2013 NCAA Indoor Second-team All-American (5K)
2013 NCAA Outdoor All-American (10K)
2013 Pac-12 Champion (10k)

Q - What were your high School PRs? Did you run in any big meets?

A -  1 mile - 5:02, 2 mile - 10:45. I was 6th at footlocker regionals and 33rd at nationals my senior year.


Her PRs now





















Q - When did you realize you had a potential to be a great runner?

 A - After my very first cross country race in 6th grade, where I finished last place, I knew I couldn't get worse! I've worked hard since then and hard work always pays off.



Q - Most memorable moment so far?

A - USA's a few weeks ago was a wonderful experience. I ran my heart out and there were so many talented runners to watch and give me inspiration. 

Jen in the 10,000 meter at USA Outdoors (courtesy of Arizona Athletics)


Q - If running didn't workout what would you be doing?

A -  I studied abroad in Spain two summers ago and I really want to go back one day.


Q - Favorite workout and food? 

A -  My favorite workout is tempos or hill repeats, they hurt so good. And I can't possibly pick one favorite food!



Q - Signed with Mizuno, what are you hoping to accomplish in the future?


A -  I am going to the roads! I will still do 5ks and 10ks when track comes around, but I'm very excited to try longer road races!




She has tons of potential to be great in the professional field and soon will be the new girl on the block. I wish her the best as she starts her professional career and starts doing road races, good luck Jen!


No comments :

Post a Comment